Sunday, September 29, 2013

Gratitude

Last night I had a lot on my mind, so much so that when I woke up to use the bathroom - and tried to go back to sleep, I could not. So I did what I like to do and that is take advantage of that time by praying. I still had so much on my mind and I knew that God was the only one that could solve any of the problems that weighed so heavily on my mind. As I prayed- I noticed that any time that I started praying about the things that were weighing me down that I just could not concentrate enough to pray about them. I tried several times. It discouraged me because I felt it was very important to turn these things over to God, to allow Him to handle them. Then I thought, "Ok- if I can't seem to think straight enough to pray about my concerns, I will just use this time to praise God for the blessings in my life." And I began to thank him for this and for that. And the list seemed longer than I even expected it to be. Especially since I had felt so much weight from the problems that glared my vision. I continued to thank God for so many different things, many of which I don't think I've taken the time lately to thank Him for. After thanking God for a whole lot of stuff- I finally went to sleep. It was funny cause later when I woke up - I still had praising God on my mind- and so I began again to continue to thank Him for His blessings. And I was able to sleep good for a few more hours. What a great lesson learned- sometimes all you really need to do is to say "Your will be done"- and then begin to praise Him and thank Him for all the blessings in your life! He knows what is weighing you down, He is in control. Turn it over to Him and allow Him to work out His perfect will.

 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.
James 1:17

4 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa! I am so sorry that you couldn't sleep. I get cranky when I have a hard time falling asleep.

    But you used your time to learn something really precious from the Lord. Wow. What a lesson that is for me! Using all our time as a vehicle for him to teach is such a beautiful thing to do.

    Thank you for sharing your God-time with us!
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good idea! I had a lady tell me once that whenever she had to wait somewhere, she used that time to pray. I thought that was a good idea too! I want to do both of these--use waiting time to pray and use any not sleeping time to praise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok - for some reason I still can not make the "reply" to each comment work. Don't know what the problem is. Wish I could figure it out cause it is frustrating to me.

    Thanks ladies for your sweet comments - I enjoy getting them. It helps me know that others relate to what I share. God bless, Lisa :O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat experience! Sounds like the Lord used it to give you just the peace you needed.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision