Monday, September 16, 2013

Lesson Learned

Remember last week when I shared how a 22 year old young man was found dead at his home in a little town nearby? Well add to that the fact that lately my husband and I have really gotten into the Hallmark movies - and we have really been enjoying the mystery movies. This may explain why I was put into investigation mode. This helped me found out for sure that this young man was someone that we knew, so that is good. But I learned another important lesson. Just because you want to find out an answer to something does not mean it is always a good idea to ask it.

You see, in the case of the young man who was found dead - there are circumstances around his death that point fingers to his ex-girl as the one who killed him. So my curiosity got the best of me and this past week end - while we were celebrating my son's birthday and several of my son's friends were hear - I took advantage of them being here and asked one of the guys the name of the ex-girl, he told me a first name, but after that it was very quiet. It really bothered me then and later I talked to my husband about it and told him that I felt that I shouldn't have asked that question- even though it was something I was very curious about - I should not have asked.

This morning I was mowing my yard (hoping for the last time this year) and it began to bother me again - so I decided that I needed to send the friend of my son a message and apologize for being insensitive- so I did. I feel much better now. I have learned that just because I want to know something does not mean that it is always best to ask. Sometimes it is best to leave questions unanswered. Anyway I wanted to share this today - hoping that maybe by sharing this I will remember this lesson.

1 comment:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)