Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Hanging Branches

Today I saw a tree, this was no ordinary tree. This tree was beautiful. It's trunk was so big around, there would be no way that you could reach your arms around it and touch your hands together. . The branches spread out so pretty. All the leaves were pretty and green. I was so impressed, except for one small branch that had partially  broke off and was hanging down. All the leaves on this branch were dead brown.

This dead branch that hung down under the canopy was relatively small in comparison to the whole tree, however all I could think of is how much better the tree would look without that dead branch. I have spent a lot of time over the last couple of years working on making my yard look better by cutting away the dead things.

As I thought about how much nicer the tree would look without that dead limb~ I couldn't help but think that God must think the same thing when He looks at us. He sees us and thinks how beautiful we are and then He notices that character defect that is just handing there being and eye sore. He wants us to reflect Him and it is hard to do that when we have an ugly branch hanging down.

The only way that we can get rid of that ugly hanging branch(character defect) is to turn our life and our will over to Jesus Christ. And ask Him to remove the character defect. Then we have to be willing to allow Him to guide and direct us. Only through the help of the Holy Spirit can we get rid of these Character defects.



    "I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. 2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit. 3 You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. 4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.
  5  I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. 6  If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. 7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. 8 By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.       
John 15:1-8     
 
I can sure relate to this post probably because of the fact that over the last couple of years I have learned a lot about how cutting away the dead to make room for grown- in my yard and my life. 
 
    being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ; 
Philippians 1:6 
 
 
A Debtor to Mercy Alone

The work which His goodness began,
The arm of His strength will complete;
His promise is Yea and Amen,
And never was forfeited yet
—Augustus M. Toplady
  

2 comments:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)