Sunday, September 8, 2013

I Often Think of Home -End of Drawing Nigh to God series

I Often Think of Home
 
By: Electa Harding Arnold
 
I often think of home; its welcome shores
Have ever beckoned me through lonely
hours.
I long to slip across her ebbing tide
To where her living streams forever glide.
I long to walk upon her golden strand
Where Friend of all these years will take my
hand,
Where by the crystal depths of jasper sea
The tangled warps of life He'll clear for me.
I often think of home, my heavenly home,
Where weary feet and sore shall never roam.
I strain my eyes in earth's dark hours to see
The lights of home, sweet home, gleam out
for me.
 
I often think of home: with grief-dimmed
eyes
I see through rainbow hues her spires rise.
To bow in rapture at His pierced feet.
To live in ecstasy her joy-filled days,
In sweet communion there my Saviour meet,
I long to tread upon her golden ways,
To have Him place His hand upon my head
In Sweetest benediction ever said.
I often long for home, my heavenly home,
Where angels' songs shall sweep her vaunted
dome.
Someday my bark shall touch her long loved
shore,
My home, sweet home--at least-- forevermore.
 


2 comments:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)