Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Where Were You?

I remember 9/11 just like it was yesterday. I was driving my boys to school. We were almost to the school to drop them off and I heard the first news story telling about the first airplane hitting. I thought that it was a joke.

After I dropped the boys off, I drove to the store- about a block or 2 from the boys school to work. When I went in the TV was on and the news was going. My Mother in law began to tell me about what was going on. As she is talking - they have a live shot of the twin towers and as we are talking and watching- the second plane hit the building. We were both in shock....

The rest of the day and even the rest of the week we all were still in shock. We had just moved into our house about 2 - 3 weeks prior to this and so we were in the midst of getting unpacked. I remember our sliding glass door on the back of the house - just having these vertical type blinds that were not the best at keeping someone from being able to look in our home. And I remember being afraid - that there were bad guys out there. Which is so funny because I had not felt that fear at this house until 9/11.

During the days and weeks following 9/11 - a lot of time was put into prayer and time with God. It was clear that our world is becoming more and more sinful. Our need of God becomes more and more evident. I don't think we should wait until some tragedy happens to turn to God, I think the time to turn to God is now. A personal relationship with Jesus Christ is vitally important. If you don't already have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ - I hope that you will begin one today, on this anniversary of such a sad tragedy. May God's peace fill your soul and may you feel His presence with you today. :o)

1 comment:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)