Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Changed

"Love will replace selfishness in the hearts of the redeemed.
 They will be changed-
like Moses who, at age forty, murdered and overseer,
but at age eighty offered his life to save others.
 Or Paul, who prior to Damascus road, used coercion, torture, imprisonment, and stoning to get his way,
but after walking with Christ, ultimately gave his life for others(Romans 9:3; 2 Cor. 7:3).
 This is much the same way the Bible describes those who are ready to meet Jesus when he appears, who would not shrink from death(Rev. 12:11).
 Fear and selfishness are replaced with pure, other-centered love."
quote from "The God Shaped Brain" by Timothy R. Jennings pg. 217
 
Wow - this book is awesome. This is a book that can transform your life. Many people have a false since of who God really is and what He is like. And that can cause all sorts of havoc in our lives. But once we learn of God and His law of Love - we can begin to heal. Love will replace fear - and who doesn't want that? God is Love and this books is an excellent book to help you better understand God. I know it has made a tremendous impact on my life.
I know I have posted about this book before but I just feel that there is a VERY important message in this book! And that everyone would benefit from it. So I just wanted to share this quote and tell you about it once again. I have about 2 chapters left- but I really think that I am going to see if my husband would be willing for us to read this book together once I am finished. There is so much to absorb in this book - it is a deep book and I think it would do me a lot of good to go trough it once again - and I would love for my husband to hear the message too.
The book actually had sold out on Amazon in many places, but they have made a new batch of books.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. great study today...i cant always comment but i try to take time to read my friends blogs and answer..i love your blog is inspiring great!

    loves and blessings from holland

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories