Sunday, June 30, 2013

Whose Got Great Taste?

Well apparently me and my husband do. And how do we know this?
Well every time we go to the Antique Mall- the things that we both love are usually very pricey.
So we usually leave the Mall empty handed.
 
But I usually try to at least take photos so I can enjoy them later.
 
This last visit to the Antique Mall was no different. We found an awesome piece of furniture that I wanted to share with you all.
 

 
 
 
 
 
It is a writing desk that has a bookcase on the other side of it. If I had more money and more space in my house - I would have loved to have brought this piece of furniture home with me.
 
 
Another thing I found was a cute salt and pepper set.
 

 
 
I did not buy this set either - if it is still there another time that we go - I may buy them. They were a little pricey at $10.00 but they were fine china or something like that written on the bottom of them.
 
This set would fit in my collections great because,  I really like the smaller salt and pepper sets.
 I have some bigger ones in my collection but eventually I will find new owners for them. That way they can bless someone else as much as they blessed me, but until then they will stay in my collection.
 
Anyway like I said if Jason and I ever wonder about out tastes- all we have to do is go to the Antique Mall and we are reminded of how good that taste is - well when expensive =good.

So we left empty handed.

But I had much better luck on a trip to Goodwill a few days later.

I found a stack of 4 tupperware bowls that I love. I already had some but some of them were wearing down, still useable but you can tell they have seen better days. I had hoped to some day find some at Goodwill. I can not afford to buy tupperware full price.
 
 
I borrowed the above photo from an ended ebay auction. I wanted you guys to get to see what I was talking about. Now I am hoping to come across some of the plates that I love- also made by Tupperware.

Set of 5 Royal Blue Tupperware Snack Plates

I borrowed the photo as well- but my plate like this are looking a lot like these. I LOVE these plates. They are not very big but I love them.

Oh the bowls I found were only 50 cents a piece! That's a great deal! Hoping to find some plates at a great deal!! If I do - I will sure let you know about it. You can count on that! :o)

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the writing desk! So I must have good taste as well! ;) I would love to park it against a wall, and have the book shelves be like a secret spot. Not that I have anything to stash in a secret spot--it just sounds fun! :) I spent some time thrift store shopping with my sister this past week--my budget fits thrift stores better than antique malls!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

26: The Facts About Fats - Part 1