Monday, June 10, 2013

Unsolicited Advice - but Important None the Less

Thanks everyone for your prayers. It is over, and we are so grateful. It did not really go our way but I for one was not very surprised. It seems that things are so slanted in the world that women seem to get more and more rights and respect and men- less and less.
Last week I heard a program on the radio that was talking about how when a wedding is coming up and happening - that it is all about the woman. Then when the couple comes to having a baby - then again - it's all about the woman. And the guy can feel left out. I think that our society needs an overhaul. We need to respect our men. They need to be appreciated for all they do and they do not need to be disrespected. And when it comes to their children - it should be as important for them to see their children as it is for the Mothers.

After our court case was over - my son's lawyer went out in the foyer and talked to us and I said I just did not think that it was fair that Scott should be responsible for both trips, especially on his Thursday visit which is only a 2 hour visit. The Lawyer then said - it's like they do what ever they can to discourage the Dad's from being involved. And I agree. Now I know there are some deadbeat dad's out there - but it is just very unfortunate that so much is done to discourage men from being involved with their children. And then the same women who have made it so hard for the men to step up to the plate - will then complain and bad mouth the man because he does not spend enough time with the kids or what every they do that is not up to the woman's expectations. I think I have said this here before but I think that some women drive the man away from spending time with the kids. It is not always the man's fault for not being very involved with the kids. There could very well be a woman who has made the man's live so miserable just going around here that he has just given up contact to save himself that hassle. My son, as an example, has to deal with an deluge of texts - many of which are hateful and rude - after every week end visit - and sometimes even after the 2 hour visit. We are SO hoping that this can calm down and that everyone can get along. Maybe with this divorce being final and over with- maybe they can move forward now.

I know that I have said this before and so I am sorry that you are having to listen to this again, especially since I am not even sure if this message is even relevant for anyone that visits my blog - but just in case somehow I can help someone out - I will be sharing this anyway.
Children get a lot of their self esteem from their parents. And so when a couple gets a divorce that has children - it is VERY important that the other spouse is not spoken of in a negative way in front of the child. You might hate that other person - but bad mouthing them will hurt the child's self esteem. So please refrain from talking bad about the child's other parent to them or in front of them. They should not be put in the place of having to defend their parent - especially about matters that they don't even know about. So please just hold your tongue and use the advice that I have heard many time - if you don't have anything nice to say - don't say anything at all. If the other parent is such a bad person - the child will figure it out on their own. Let them use their own brains - that is why God gave us each our own - so we can use our own brains. Thanks for listening.

After the court case, I came home and used yard work as a bit of therapy. I weed eated a lot in my chicken yard, got them fresh water, watered my garden, picked a yellow squash and a zucchini, swept off my back porch, raked up some sticks and old corn cobs and put them in a trashcan to take to the burn pile, and put the cover on the barbeque grill. It was pretty warm by the time I was done and I was thankful to get it all done and thankful that I had shut the house down and turned ac on before going out to work. Now for me to work on some inside jobs. I hope you all have a good day! :O)

1 comment:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)