Saturday, June 29, 2013

Bible Marking series....Little Horn

If you are new to this series - scroll down to the end of this post to get an explanation of how I use this method for Bible Marking.

Today's lesson is: Little Horn - LH - Daniel 7:1-8



1 In the first year of Belshazzar king of Babylon, Daniel had a dream and visions of his head while on his bed. Then he wrote down the dream, telling the main facts. 2 Daniel spoke, saying, "I saw in my vision by night, and behold, the four winds of heaven were stirring up the Great Sea. 3 And four great beasts came up from the sea, each different from the other. 4 The first was like a lion, and had eagle's wings. I watched till its wings were plucked off; and it was lifted up from the earth and made to stand on two feet like a man, and a man's heart was given to it. 5 And suddenly another beast, a second, like a bear. It was raised up on one side, and had three ribs in its mouth between its teeth. And they said thus to it: 'Arise, devour much flesh!' 6 After this I looked, and there was another, like a leopard, which had on its back four wings of a bird. The beast also had four heads, and dominion was given to it. 7 After this I saw in the night visions, and behold, a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, exceedingly strong. It had huge iron teeth; it was devouring, breaking in pieces, and trampling the residue with its feet. It was different from all the beasts that were before it, and it had ten horns. 8 I was considering the horns, and there was another horn, a little one, coming up among them, before whom three of the first horns were plucked out by the roots. And there, in this horn, were eyes like the eyes of a man, and a mouth speaking pompous words.   LH-Dan. 7:17
 
 
17 'Those great beasts, which are four, are four kings which arise out of the earth. 
LH- Dan.7:8
 
             8 I was considering the horns, and there was another horn, a little one, coming up among them, before whom three of the first horns were plucked out by the roots. And there, in this horn, were eyes like the eyes of a man, and a mouth speaking pompous words.
 LH- Dan. 7:25

He shall speak pompous words against the Most High, Shall persecute the saints of the Most High, And shall intend to change times and law. Then the saints shall be given into his hand For a time and times and half a time.    LH- Acts 20:29-30
 
 
    For I know this, that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock. 30 Also from among yourselves men will rise up, speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after themselves.   LH- 2 Thess. 2:3-4
 
    Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.    LH- Dan. 7:27

   27 Then the kingdom and dominion, And the greatness of the kingdoms under the whole heaven, Shall be given to the people, the saints of the Most High. His kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, And all dominions shall serve and obey Him.'   LH- END

**********************************************************************************


I wanted to share a link to a website that has some amazing Bible Studies. Some of which will expound more on some of these Bible Marking lessons we have had. Click Here to check out the Amazing Facts Bible Studies. These also are available in different languages.

Also Here is a link to some free books to read. I have not read them all but I have been blessed by the ones I have read. I hope you are as well.


********************************
As you can tell, I have decided to go in a different order than how my teacher presented these topics.

Before we begin, I would like to be sure and say up front- on all of these markings- I am not claiming that these are all of the verses for the topics. This is just a basic beginning point at studying a topic. I hope you all will enjoy them all. 

Things you will need for Bible Marking:

*Bible
*colored pencils
*pencil- I recommend a good #2 pencil- these are getting harder and harder to find.
*pen- optional - I like to use a pen to write information on a paper in the back of my Bible.
*ruler or bookmark- you will use this to underline the verses.

Now you are ready to go!
 

1 comment:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision