Thursday, February 23, 2012

Grace - Is It a Free Pass?






I was so happy today when I heard a speaker on a Christian radio station say that he was not very happy with a new idea going around that basically says that since there is grace then we can do what ever we want. And it is just not like that. Well this is something that I have been NOT too pleased about hearing from some other speakers on the same radio station. It is way to close to the idea of ~if it feels good do it.

It's like people think that God has not expectations of His people. Have they not studied through the old testament? It does not take very long at all to realize that God asked His people to keep His commandments - yep - the same commandments that were written by the finger of God on stone tablets. That sounds pretty important and pretty permanent to me.

God asked His people to repent of their sins and to follow Him. And when they did this, they were blessed. There were battles after battles that were won because God fought for them. As the people surrendered their lives to God and made Him king in their lives He could bless them. But oh so sad were the many, many times that the people started to worship the idols of the heathen nations around them.

Back and forth the children of Israel went- serving God - being blessed - then they would fall into worshiping idols. And it seemed that each time they chose the idols over God it became easier and easier for them to be tempted. And finally God's mercy ran out - He had tried and tried so many time - over and over and over - and the people just would not listen. And because our God is a God of Justice - He had to allow the consequences of their actions. And God allowed their nation to be taken over by the Babylons.

So I don't know why we would be so foolish to think now - that God does not expect anything out of us. By the way - over and over in the New Testament he also said Keep My Commandments.




Here are just a few:
"If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love." John 15:10

"If you love Me, keep My commandments." John 14:15

"Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments.4. He who says, "I know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him." 1 John 2:3-4

"Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven."
Matthew 5:19

And one of my favorites:
"Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city." Revelations 22:14






Anyway I will get off of my soap box- I just don't want people to be fooled - Satan likes to use a little error with a lot of truth -that way he can fool people. Study your Bibles for yourself and ask the Holy Spirit to help you discern truth. May you be blessed as you study the Word of God! :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision