Monday, February 6, 2012

In The Sewing Room

Ever so often I like to take photo while working on my block of the month. And this month that is exactly what I did!
Last month was such a busy month that I ended up having to make the block the night before Block of the Month. I do not like to do that. I would much rather cut out the fabric and then put the block together at my leisure.

So this time I decided to start my block early this month. So this week-end I cut out the fabric.



I did not think about taking photos to blog about this block till I was cutting out my last fabric.


The next step that I always take is to lay the fabric down where they belong.
Then I start sewing the fabrics together in sections. It does not always work like this. So once the fabric is laid out where it belongs - it is a really good idea to take a few moment to figure out the best way to sew it together.


Here is the finished project:



Oh by the way~I have also worked on another project lately. If you did not notice - in the first two photos- the paper has been laid on top of the other project so you can have a sneak peak. I will be sharing about it later.

********************
Oh and I have not forgotten that I said I would share about my new cookbook. Except that I have kept forgetting to run a test - by cooking a pot a beans in my slow cooker to find out -what speed my slow cooker cooks at. Once I find that out, I will be able to start trying recipes and then I can share about the cookbook.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful block! And the pattern is really complicated--you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Susan - it really was not too bad.
    Lisa :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a nice block. I like quilting too. I just finished machine quilting (started long ago) pieced top with purple pansies and green and purple lattice. If I ever get the border finished, I post it on my blog. : )

    Thanks for commenting on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories