Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Does It Really Save Money?

On my last thrifty post I was asked if I thought that it would be cheaper to use home made laundry detergent. In the long run - I really do think it will be cheaper. I ended up paying a bit over $3.00 for each of the washing soda and the borax. And with each batch of laundry detergent calling for just one cup of each of these - I think that the boxes will end up making at least 4-5 batches. And with the bar of soap - if you really want to save more money you can always invest in a multi pack of Ivory soap(I used a coupon when I bought my pack-even though I did not use Ivory soap with my first batch of soap-I bought a bar of the Fels naptha stuff.) So once you invest in this stuff it will be a good amount of time before you have to replace things. Also you are only using 1 - 2 Tablespoons of soap per load. So it really does last for a good amount of time.

I had an old Tupperware canister and I put my home made soap into it and put a spoon into the canister. So not only does it save money, it is easy to use. So Yes - I believe that it will save money in the end.

2 comments:

  1. A habit of saving ensures a good life standard for our next generation, so start saving now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I will have to check this out!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)