Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Growth - Even in Undesirable Circumstances



I have a friend who has golden retriever dogs. These dogs are like children to her and her husband. One of her dogs, Jenny, got very sick a couple of week ago- and the prognosis was not good. In the mean time, a couple were going through a really rough situation. The wife has cancer and has been being hospitalized more and more. This couple had a pure breed golden retriever, Amos is his name, who is about 1 1/2 years old and they wanted to find a good home for him - not just any home would do. They wanted someone who would love him as much as they did. And God worked it out that these two couples would cross each others path. And now Amos has a new home with my friend. About a week or so later Jenny died. This provision of God's was such a testament of how much he loves us.

Yesterday, as I was talking with my friend, I asked her if it was wrong of me to really want something like that to happen in my life. Lately I have been going through one of the valleys of life - it has been painful. Feeling rejection from those that are suppose to love you hurts. Anyway I was serious when I told her I wanted God to make His presence in my life real and tangible. She told me to pray and ask God for that and I did.

Yesterday afternoon, I was out in the backyard taking care of my chickens and filling up the bird feeders when I noticed something....

Before we get to that part of the story, I have to add a bit of back ground.

A lady at my husband's work had sent a bag of daffodil bulbs home with him. It was a large bag of them. I had been overwhelmed with lots going on and instead of going through the process in order to store them until it was time to plant them - I had just set the bag here and then it was in the way so I moved it out to the back porch.

Well today I noticed that there were green shoots coming out of the bulbs! Even in undesirable circumstances they were growing and as I thought of that I realized that I am too. God is working in my live - even through this valley in my life -He is working.

"In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials,
7 that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ,
8 whom having not seen you love. Though now you do not see Him, yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory,
9 receiving the end of your faith--the salvation of your souls."
1 Peter 1:6-9


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful testimony! You are SO right, about God working through our lives even in the valleys. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision