Sunday, February 19, 2012

In the Sewing Room - Some Questions for You

I can't remember if I already shared a photo of these blocks - I am sure I did but just in case here there are. I finished these blocks well about 5-6 months ago. And I think I have finally decided how I am going to put them together. I have not bought the fabric for it yet but I did buy a fat quarter of the fabric that I think I am going to sash the quilt with:
The blocks are so bright already and busy that I knew that they would look best to just use a single color. And when I saw this awesome fabric with the flowers- I thought it was so cute. I bought this fat quarter for another project that I am working on but as I was looking a my finished blocks and then this fabric- it all clicked.

When I was showing my husband what I was thinking of doing - he seemed to think that maybe the blocks would get lost with such plain sashing. What do you think? Do I need color?

Well I took photos of two fabrics that I am trying to decide between for the border for this quilt.
This middle one:


And the white with different colored flowers. Or the green with different colored flowers.



What do ya'll think? Which fabric do you think would look the best with these blocks? Can't wait to hear what you think. :o)

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE your blocks! Love the bright colors!

    I like your idea of sashing them in a more solid color, but wonder if the green may be more olive green in color than the green in your blocks. Hard to tell without having the blocks in front of me, and I am certainally no expert! But that is the one hesitation I would have on the green fabric--whether it is too much on the olive green side (I love the fabric itself, however! The flowers on it are really cute!). On the borders, if you use the white with circles on it, I would then put with it the flowers with the green background. I do not think two fabrics both with white backgrounds look real good next to each other. But those are just my thoughts--it is what YOU like that is important--it's YOUR quilt! :) Thanks for sharing the photos--it's so fun to see what you have worked on, and what you are looking at for putting it together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just looked at the photos again, and realized I may have misunderstood what you were asking on the borders. If I had to pick just ONE border fabric, I would pick the circle one. They are ALL very cute, but I just love the circle fabric, for some reason. Maybe because I have never seen a fabric like that before.

    It will be fun to see what you finally decide on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan~ Thanks for pointing out that I would not be happy with the white sashing with a white background on the border. Had not even thought that. I have a really hard time with brights. Just not something that I am used to working with and then there are SO many colors - hard to just break it down.
    Lisa :o)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)