Friday, February 17, 2012

Be Doers of the WORD

This is a rerun - but it is something that I really think is important.

Have you ever been studying the Bible and as you study- you are checking out the references and such and realize - this was something very serious that God wants us to do? Well that is what happened this morning. I was studying in James 1:22-25.

"But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:
24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.
25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed."
James 1:22-25

It is very important for u not only to study the Bible but to put into practice that which we learn. I could try to write out what I have learned but I think the Bible does such a better job of stating the facts so here it goes- some great verses and great reminders.

"(For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified." Romans 2:13

"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven."
Matt. 7:21

"Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous." 1 John 3:7

"Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like:"
Luke 6:47

"But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord." 2 Corinthians 3:18

"If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them." John 13:17

So if any of us had any doubts about the value of the contents of the Bible and the relevancy that it has for us today, I don't think we have those doubts any more. As we spend time with Jesus in His Word - we become changed - and that is the best kind of changing to do. May God bless each of you in a very special way today. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking