Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Peace While Facing Giants

There are many people that I know that are facing giants right now. And when I say facing giants, I mean facing problems that seem like Giants. David faced a giant. He had faith in God. I need David's kind of faith right now.

David knew something that I am trying to learn and that is that the fight was not his fight but was God's.

"...for the battle is not yours, but God's." 2 Chronicles 20:15b

The battle is not ours. And truthfully half the time that real battle is not really the actual battle because the battle is really being fought behind the scenes.

"Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour." 1 Peter 5:8

We get into trouble when we think that we can fight these Giants of battle on our own. We were never meant to do so. This is great news to me because a few years ago I figured out, and daily am reminded, that I can't do it on my own.

God tells us:
"Be still, and know that I am God;" Psalms 46:10a

This verse has been a comfort to me for a long time now. For me - to be still and KNOW that God is God is like peace in the mist of a storm.

"The Lord will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace." Exodus 14:14

David knew that the battle was the Lords. And he took courage and faced the giant in his life.

"Then David put his hand in his bag and took out a stone; and he slung it and struck the Philistine in his forehead, so that the stone sank into his forehead, and he fell on his face to the earth." 1 Samuel 17:49

We can have the courage and peace to face our giants. And that peace come from Jesus Christ. Are you in the middle of what feels like a losing battle? Do you feel overwhelmed? If so, Be still. Right now, just stop everything that you are doing - even take a break from reading this and just take a deep breath and close your eyes and feel God's presence. And if you don't feel it ask Him for the peace that only He can give us. Turn your battles over to Him. The battle is the Lords! He will fight for you! Be still and KNOW that HE is God. Have a blessed day! :o)

(This is a repost- but a very timely one since I and many that I know are facing giants right now)

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful, Lisa! Good reminder for ALL of us--thank you for that reminder! And I really think you should submit this to either a church newsletter, or the Women's Devotional, or somewhere. It could bless a LOT of people that way!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking