Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Where to Cast Your Burdens

"The burden which she could share with no earthly friend she cast upon God."


PP 570




The above quote is from the book I am still reading. I started reading it November 21st of last year. The book - "Patriarchs and Prophets." I have gotten such a blessing reading it.



This quote really struck a cord with me. I know what it feels like to carry a burden that you do not feel like you can share with anyone. And I am sure that there are some of you reading this that can totally relate.

This quote was in the chapter titled "The Child Samuel." Elkanah and Hannah his wife tried to have a child and it just was not happening. So because Elkanah wanted to perpetuate his name - he took another wife, Peninnah. She was jealous of Hannah and did not treat her well. And she began to have children. This was all very hard for Hannah to deal with. And so she took her burden to the Lord.

I think that Hannah is a very good example for us. When we have burdens that are so heavy and so painful that we do not feel that we can share with anyone, we need to cast those burden down at Jesus' feet.



If you want to read more of the story about Hannah and the blessing that she received you will find the story beginning in 1 Samuel 1. If you would like to read the chapter "The Child Samuel" that I read in Patriarchs and Prophets - click Here.


"casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7

"Cast your burden on the Lord, And He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved." Psalms 55:22

"For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.
16 Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need." Hebrews 4:15-16

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)