Friday, January 6, 2012

Something to Think About...

$3 Worth of God

"I would like to buy $3 worth of God, please.

Not enough to explode my soul or disturb my sleep, but just enough to equal a cup of warm milk or a snooze in the sunshine.

I don't want enough of Him to make me love a black man or pick beets with a migrant.

I want ecstasy, not transformation.

I want the warmth of the womb not a new birth.

I want about a pound of the eternal in a paper sack.

I'd like to buy $3 worth of God, please."
Wilbur Reese

I heard this quote on the radio today and thought I would share. It sure gives you alot to think about. I think that too many times we as Christians act just like this. When the doors of church open we may be there but our lives are not changed by what we hear. We do not put into action that which we learn. We just want enough of God in order to feel good - not to transform our lives. If we will allow Him to- He will transform our lives. That is my wish for my life and for your life as well. May God bless you and draw you closer to Him. And may you hunger and thirst for Jesus in your life. :O)

1 comment:

  1. VERY good to think about! I have never heard this quote--thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision