Thursday, January 19, 2012

Saying Thank You

I think way too often we get to busy with our lives to let the people around us know how much we appreciate them. I think some times we get too self centered - just concerned with our own problems to to tell those around us, that help us Thank You.

The words "Thank You" are very important- not only to the person saying them but to the person hearing them. I know from experience. I guess it is the people pleaser in me - but this week I have struggled with something. I am a bit ashamed of it but I am going to share it -hoping it can help someone else.

You all know by now about the hours that I am having to work lately. It has been so hard on me. I think that if I was able to not only get to bed at a decent hour but have a quiet house and no interruptions - I would be handling it better. But my husband and son really do not want to go to bed at 8pm - so I have to go on to bed with everyone else awake. So I am usually disturbed at least a time or two per night and that makes it hard to get that really good, restful sleep.

Ok back to my point. So I have been struggling with not feeling appreciated. I have - actually my family and I have been going above and beyond trying to keep everything running smoothly at the store and the last couple of days I have felt as if it was not appreciated at all.

I had really felt unappreciated on Tuesday evening - when I was exhausted by about 7-7:30pm. And while I was getting ready for bed - God brought an awesome song to my mind- "Do Everything."

Well Wednesday I was on my way to work and I flipped around the stations that I like to listen to - and decided to stop at one of the stations. Well the very next song that came on was.......Yep! You guessed it! "Do Everything" It meant so very much to me - I knew that God had planned - not only that the song would be played but He knew that I would be leaving for work about 10 minutes later than I had been - and He planned it just right. I was so touched - that I cried.

Wednesday afternoon- my MIL who had been at the store doing bookwork (easing her self back into work slowly) was there and she was able to go home. And I was just blown away cause she said that she really appreciate what me and the boys were doing! Wow- this is very unusual for her. I told the boys later - because like they said she would not tell them. Well truthfully I was shocked she told me- she just is not really into telling people thank you and that she appreciate what they do for her - even though she has a lot of people that do for her.

To say the least - I was thrilled hearing these special words. And as I thought about it, I thought that it was probably a really good idea that I write a post about saying Thank You. I think that it is important not only to tell people who are doing you a favor or such Thank You, but we need to tell those people in our lives Thank You for the nice things that they do for us. Maybe it is things that they always do for us- but it is still very important for us to take the time to tell them how much we appreciate them.

It would be much better to err on the side of saying Thank You too often then not enough. That way those around you know how much you appreciate them and what they do. Plus it makes it SO much easier for them to continue to do what they do for you. I know that when I heard that my MIL appreciated me - it renewed my energy and helped me realize that I could make it through the next week or more that I will have to do this schedule. Just by her taking just a minute out of her time to say that she appreciated me.

Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories