Sunday, January 8, 2012

Forced on Course

I just had to laugh when it occurred to me that I had been forced on course. When I went to the Seminar a little over a year ago - Dr. B had explained why it was important to get to bed at a decent time. There is a hormone or something like that - that is released at 10pm - so it is best to be asleep by 10pm. So I had tried to get to bed by 9:30pm so I could be asleep by then. Well over the last 6 months or so life had gotten in the way.

When it came time for New Year's Resolutions-I even had written out a list of resolutions that I wanted to work towards this year. One of them being - to get back to my healthy way of living. But again - life got into the way. So when Tuesday got here and we found out that my MIL would have to have a surgery - again- I realized that I was going to have to get up super early and make breakfast stuff. So Wednesday morning rolled around and I was at work at 4:10am. I was thankful that I was able to have her show me at least the first hour of doing stuff that morning. I have never had to cover for her for breakfast before- so everything was new to me. Anyway so I had to continue doing that through the rest of the week. So I was smart and worked really hard to get to bed early. Well when we wake up at 3:30am - believe me - you are tired and it is not so hard to get to bed on time.

Except I had another problem - sleeping. I just did not sleep good the first two nights I had the worse time sleeping - there were a couple of reasons but the one that I could do something about was the fact that we had flannel sheets on our bed. Well that is fine and works great when the temps drop to the freezing point at night - but on nights that it does not get so cold - I just don't do so well with them. I had forgotten about this factor. So we finally figured that out and changed sheets and I have slept much better since then.

I was so happy to see the week end roll around because I did not have to get up SO early and just being able to sleep those couple of extra hours felt so good. I have done pretty good to still try to get to bed at a decent time - last night I got to bed at about 10pm - later than I wanted to but I am trying. Tonight I WILL get to bed at a decent= early time - because tomorrow morning I will have to get to work by 4am.

So now you see how I was forced on course. When we are not doing what God is leading us to do - sometimes circumstances will change and push us into doing what we knew was right all along. I sure hope that I will be more willing to follow the leading of God. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking