Sunday, January 15, 2012

Emotions on a Roller Coaster Ride

Friday was a bit of a roller coaster ride to my emotions. My Mother-in-law went in to have a procedure done. We had thought that they were going to just change out the pump and that she would have to go again next week to have the wound closed up. But Praise the Lord! The wound was healed enough for the Dr to close up the wound.

So you are thinking - I should be happy at this point - right? Well I was - in fact was thrilled. I knew she was getting tired of having to keep going in and having the thing changed out. And a couple of weeks ago - I was worried that it might not heal - ever. But I got too happy, I started thinking that there would be a good chance of her being back to work on Monday. Why would I think that? Because at the first of January she had procedure done on a Friday - she was SO stubborn that she was at work the next morning- even though the day would be covered. And had she stayed home- she would have had till Monday off. But no - she was at work. So I thought - well if she has the wound closed up - then she will probably be back to work on Monday. Yay! No more waking up at 3:30am!!!

Within an hour, when I talked to my husband, those hopes were dashed. She could not drive for a week. What a let down. That meant at least one more week of waking up way before the crack of dawn. She does not go back to see the Dr for 2 weeks so who knows - I could have to do it for 2 more weeks.

In situations like this, I am so thrilled to be a believer in Jesus Christ. Because I know that if He gives me jobs to do - He will give me the strength that I need.

On Friday, I shared the following verse:

"But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

I had said that I was claiming this verse. The day went much more smoothly than I had thought it would go. God gave me wisdom to deal with a few situations that I had been concerned about. I really need to learn to trust Him more. If He takes you to it - He will get you through it. Praise the Lord!

So I will continue to claim this verse as I go through this new week. And I will do my best to depend on His wisdom and strength in all that I face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories