Wednesday, July 14, 2010

This and That Sort of Day

This morning before it got too hot outside. I got our yard mowed. I also weed-eated a little bit. I have found that I can not weed eat very long at a time - or it really messes with my nervous system in my arm and hand. So I have to limit the amount of time I weed-eat at a time. I would much rather just get out there and get it done at one time and not the little bit here and the little bit there. But I don't want the consequences so I have to make the choice that bests takes care of me.

So once I got the yard all mowed and looking really pretty nice I cleaned up and ran to town to run some errands. Since I would be in town I stopped by a local Goodwill! I was thrilled to find that the books were 50% off today - making them hardback- $1.00 and paperback $.50! On top of that I found 3 fantastic books that I have been looking for!



I have heard so much good about this series that I wanted to check it out myself. Well I have found 3 - 4 of the books of the series so far -all from Goodwill - for $2.00 at the highest. Well today I finally found book number 1! I had really wanted to get this one because I was wanting to see if I really liked the books before I spent more money on the series of books. But when you only have to pay fifty cents - it makes it an awesome book!! I had looked at 1 row of books and was half way done with the last row of books, thinking I would not find any good books today and then ..bam,bam,bam! I found 3 in a row!!
I also found a great book - I did not take a photo of it because the dust jacket is gone and the book is really boring. But I have been wanting to read this book for a long time. Joyce Meyer's "Approval Addiction." This is something that I have struggled with. I learned at a very young age that it was my place to be peace maker and please people - I did not want to upset people so I learned to work so hard to please people. And this is not really a good habit to get into. By the way, I borrowed this photo from Joyce Meyer's website.
This next book is a book that I actually owned many years ago. And I had gotten rid of it - while I was getting rid of stuff for a move. Well I regretted getting rid of it. I think that the fact that I am older and more mature now - I think that this book will make even more sense to me now than it did back then. It is part of a 2 book set. And I had lucked out to get book number 2 several months ago. I had never had book number 2 before. But I wanted to go through book number one before I started the second one. It is called, " God Cares" by C. Mervyn Maxwell. I only paid $.50 for the book and it is a big book.



I only paid a total of $2.00 for those three books! I love a good deal!!

Well this next one is a journal. I love how it had the gold trim and the end of the book looks even classier but I could not get a good photo of the end of the book. I just could not pass it up. I have not been very happy with a Prayer Journal that I had - just too small. So I am thinking this will be my new Prayer Journal.
Look at the cute Pampered Chef Teddy Bear! I thought it was so cute and I thought we have a granddaughter - we need something cute and fun like this. I will just have to find some good directions of how to use it. Anyone have one and know how to use it?

Well I also found two felt boards that are about 12 X 15. One of them is green on the bottom and blue on the top and the other one is two shades of pink. There were some felts that came with it. Looked like a birthday party theme with a few different felt girls and different outfits. A few animals and then like grasses with flowers and some trees. All this for $2.00. I am so thrilled to have the opportunity to find such cool things for really cheap prices. And once our granddaughter gets older we will have all sorts of cool things for her to do at Grammie and PaPa's house!

Ok - I found a couple of cute things. I thought they would be neat to put into my flower beds. they are each on a long rod about 12+ inches long. My son thought that maybe the flowers were to put candles in? I don't really know. Have any of you see anything like these? And if so how would you suggest I use them? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks! :O)

**Edit~ Well the God Cares book ended up being the same one I already had. I already had volume one - the cover was just totally different. This is good news still because I can start studying when I want to. And I already know who would like the other copy. So I will be mailing the other book to them as soon as I can. Still a great deal!!

7 comments:

  1. Wow! You did very well!

    Let me know if you are missing any of the Mitford books. I might have it and would be willing to send it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This morning I accidentally tuned in to a seminar by Joyce Myers. She has some fantastic teachings on spiritual growth. You find such awesome deals at your goodwill store...i might just have to come find it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I just love it when I find great book deals like that. Makes my whole week. Congrats and may you enjoy each new treasure! Blessings, Deba

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi lisa,
    I love the Mitford Books. They are a hoot. It is really hot here. Stay cool.
    Hugs,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks you guys! It is always hit or miss. SOmetimes I don't find any treasures but I just try to go once every other week - if I am lucky I can go every week! I love finding good deals!
    Lisa :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lisa!

    I think with the little long-stemmed things, I think they are just garden decorations. You know, poke them in among your plants and flowers to add a bit of whimsy. Your felt-board find is awesome! You have one lucky grand-daughter!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking