Thursday, July 22, 2010

Another Item Checked Off

Checked off of my list of things that I want to do - that is. On Tuesday of this week, my husband had to go in early for a power cut at work. So he was able to get off early. Well I have been wanting to go see an exhibit about Leonardo Da Vinci that is temporarily at a museum nearby. As I was checking out the times and prices and all on the Internet - I was very tempted to get a family pass so that we could go every time a new exhibit opened up. My husband thought that would be a good idea.

Well we drove to the museum and lo and behold - they had done a total remodel job to the building. It is really a nice building, however, the problem is that along with all the changes to the building the city decided to make ALL the parking lots in that area charge $5.00 for parking. This area used to have free parking unless it was stock show time and then you might have to pay but that was expected and understandable. So after we got past the initial shock of having to pay for parking- we got a parking spot. And went into the building - the first thing I noticed was how LOUD it was. It is in the middle of summer and I am sure there are a lot of people trying to do things that are cool to entertain their children.

Well we decided to just get one time tickets and then see if we still thought it would be a good idea for the family pass then get them later. Well we are SO glad we did not do the family pass thing. The museum is really neat but here's the thing - if you have children and they get to enjoy all the areas of the museum - the price for the tickets would be worth it. But if you are an adult, then to me - it was not really something that I think is worth the price. I have to be honest though - I don't like loud places that are crowded. I like quiet, peaceful things.

A couple of years ago we went on a vacation down to Port Aransas. Well we took our RV thinking it would be the best way to go. When we got to the RV park - we were parked in rows so close together that you could hear other people opening and closing cabinets and it sounded like it was your own RV. We were put right in the middle of about 5-6 families that go there every year. And one of the men greeted us with a LARGE bottle of Jack Daniels in his hand(at 4 in the afternoon). To say the least this was not the best vacation that we have had. We had stopped at a small RV park on the way in a small town - and we actually enjoyed the two nights we stayed there better than the rest of the time. We figured out right then that we needed to make sure that our vacations from then on - were quiet places - were we could relax and enjoy life. Ok - all of that to explain that we prefer quiet - to loud, overcrowded places.

Well we did enjoy the exhibit. And we looked around at a few of the other exhibits. I have to say that I have just not gotten into this being a blogger and carrying my camera around thing yet. I could have gotten some great photos to share with you. And I got a few from my camera on my phone and that will just have to do.

Leonardo Da Vinci was a brilliant man. He had some really awesome ideas that were ahead of his time. Now if I understand correctly - he had a lot of different drawings. They had a copy of it on the plaque telling about each of these things but my phone camera was not getting a good photo. Some of these things he invented and some of them he had the ideas and they were invented from his ideas. That is the understanding I got.

This first photo was a machine to measure the wind speed.

This one I thought was cool. A boat that had a double hull. So that when enemy ships would come and ram the boat trying to make a hole in it to sink it - it would not sink. Isn't that smart?
I think the rest of these speak for themselves.





And a post about Leonardo Da Vinci would not be complete without a photo of "Mona Lisa." There were about 6 paintings total and I am upset because we looked at 3 of them that were on one side of a room and I thought that we would look in an area back in there and then come back to that room but we did not go back into that room. And we did not remember till much later - too late - that I wanted to see the other paintings. So glad that I got to see this one.

By the way, I am feeling better. I wanted to say Thanks so very much for the prayers. I really appreciate them. :o)

2 comments:

  1. Happy to hear you are feeling better..I had one of those days but I am over it..PTL! Sometimes we won't know what kind of experience we'll have until we get there.. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks~ We can not prepare ourselves for everything but we can trust God to get us through everything - that is what I am learning.
    Glad you got past your bad day!
    God bless you,
    Lisa :O)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)