Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Tale of the Two Black Trucks

A hot day in August- year 2008. We get a phone call. My husband answers the phone. Our oldest son, was on the other end. He tells my husband that they were just in an accident. Our youngest son is entrapped in the truck. My husband tells me to stay home - as we just heard the scanners go off and it sounded like a very serious scene - said one entrapment and one on the ground. So I stayed home. I called our parents and got them praying. My Mother told me - don't go to the scene till you get down on your knees and pray. I prayed and felt peace from God. The accident scene was only about 2 miles or so from our house. When I got to the scene they are still cutting my youngest son from the truck. And my oldest is on a backboard in the field.

What basically had happened is that my son was driving east on a divided highway. He had went to turn right - driving across the west bound traffic. He had not seen the white truck coming at a high rate of speed. Apparently the other truck did not see him either because this photo shows how far the white truck rolled into the field after slamming into my sons Dodge truck. Oh and remember that this photo is not from the actual point of contact being that was in the middle of the road.


In this photo you can see from point of contact(where photo was taken- but on side of the road) to where my sons truck actually finally came to a stop. - Way down there where my boys are standing. The truck was hit from the front end and turned going down the highway and was hit SO hard it traveled a long ways down.


In the photo - to the left - is the broken hand that my youngest son got in this wreck. Plus a few bumps and bruises. As you can tell from this photo - the passenger side door had to be cut off.


Do you see the angle that the seat was in that my son was riding in?


In this wreck my oldest son - driver got a cut on the back of his head that needed a couple of stitches, a concussion, and more bumps and bruises. He was really sore for a few days.


Several miracles happened on this day. First of all, as the boys were coming up to the turn - youngest son said he heard oldest son tell him to turn the channel on the radio. Before that the window had been down and his arm hanging out the window. It would have been horrible had his arm been out that window at the time of impact. The next miracle we did not figure out till the day that we went to look at the truck.
After the wreck we had been talking and youngest son said his seat belt had come off. At first we were not real happy about that. But when we went to the wrecking yard and I got the seat belt and took it across the seat that was bent sideways - I found that there would NOT have been enough room for my son. And there could have been major damage done to him.


God also blessed - insurance paid this truck off and Oldest son bought a new truck - this time he went with a 4 door Dodge truck.
************
Well this morning at 7:30am, I got a photo call from Oldest Son. He said he was OK - but he had rolled the his truck. He had driven across a bridge and was on the service road. There is a slick spot on this service road - which has caused my husbands truck to slid before. But apparently with the lite mist it was much more slick than usual.
My son ask the police officer if he was getting a ticket. The cop told him No - that this was the 3rd wreck like this - this week ALONE. And that we needed to contact the TxDot about it. Well as you can see my son had to undue his seat belt and then crawl to the back seat and out the back window.
We are praising God for his protection! My son did go to the hospital and it does not look like there is any new damage done. He has the messed up knee from an injury at work a couple of months ago - that was probably agitated - cause it is hurting more. Which by the way, He had been headed to the Dr. office to have a orthopedic surgeon look at his knee and to find out if he was going to need surgery. That appointment had to be postponed.


Well I am so thankful for our guardian angels that watch over us and protect us. Praising God for His many blessing!


By the way, I think he is looking at something other than a Black Truck now. Seems like a great idea to me.

4 comments:

  1. so glad your boys are safe. What a reminder that our lives are in Gods hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.

    Saying a pray of thanks too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad Scott is o.k.! Definately was watched over by his angel!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking