Thursday, July 29, 2010

A few more photos from my collection/ Question

Today - I thought I would share a few more of my salt and pepper shakers. This first set - is one of my favorites. My husband got them for me when our granddaughter was born. They were at the hospitals gift shop for a pretty reasonable price and he could not pass them up. I LOVE them!
One time when we went to Cracker Barrel we found this cute salt and pepper shaker - I thought it was adorable - I love squirrels!

We also found these sock monkey salt and pepper shakers at Cracker Barrel. There is some really cool stuff in their store. And these were on clearance and I could not pass them up!


This next photo is of a salt and pepper set that my son bought for me for a late birthday present. He found it at an Exxon gas station. Isn't that neat? It is so cute but the holes in the eggs are too big so it is more for display. The chicken is so realistic though.

*********************************

Ok - here is something I wanted to share and ask if any of you have experienced this. About 2 months ago or so I decided to buy some healthier deodorant - I bought some Crystal Essence stuff. I have heard how aluminum can be bad for you so this was my reasoning to go for a more natural deodorant. And believe it or not it actually works pretty good. Well about 2 weeks ago I started getting heat rash under my arms. I have NEVER had it before. So..I was just wondering if any of ya'll have ever had this happen and what is the best way to get rid of it? Any help would be wonderful. Thank you! :O)

2 comments:

  1. Hello - I recently found your blog and enjoy reading it! I, also, have switched to a natural aluminum free deodorant. For a rash you can mix 1/2 cup corn starch, 1/4 cup arrowroot powder and 2 tablespoons baking soda together with a whisk. I put them in a mini food processor and whiz to get a finer powder and mixed well. If you wish (and are not sensitive to them) you can put a few drops of a favorite essential oil on a cotton ball or small sponge and place it in the airtight container with the powders. Shake well before each use. You can apply with a powder puff or put them in a shaker bottle that can be closed. Oh, I would also put this on after the deodorant dries. Good luck :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan~ Thanks so much for this information. I will have to try it.
    Lisa :O)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)