Friday, July 23, 2010

Found Something to Add to Collection

Last year my husband and I went to Tyler for a week end getaway. Well we stopped at a BBQ place and I was very impressed with a lot of cool things that they had. One of my favorite things was a collection of small salt and pepper shakers. Well I decided I wanted to have a collection as well. Mine are not particularly small - even though I would probably prefer all small one but it is hard to find just small ones. Anyway so I have a good collection so far. I am going to share a few of them with you guys today. And then later - I will have a post sharing some more of them. The ones I have taken photos of today - are my favorites and they are all vintage. Maybe could be considered antiques but I am not sure what the requirements are to name them antiques. So we will stick with vintage.

My son found these on E-bay for me for Christmas. They are really pretty.

Last Christmas my Mom got this cute set of a rooster and hen. Aren't they just cool?
This past week-end - I found these and I just could not pass them up. I am actually pretty picky about my salt and pepper shakers. I don't like just any set. They have to be cute!
Now this next photo - is of a set that I found today. I have had to work extra this week so as a little treat for myself - I went to a local Goodwill. And I found these adorable Hallmark - brand new in the box set. I thought they were adorable and for only $2.00 - I could not pass them up.
Oh - I also found a cool book called "The 365 Day Bible Word Game Challenge - A Bible puzzle for every day of the year" I thought it looked cool and would be challenging. Well I flipped through to see what it was like and guess what I found? A Christmas postcard photo of a family from my church from 2009. So I wanted to share this little story to remind you all - if you donate things to thrift stores - you may want to make sure that you get all your personal things out. I bought this book - for two reasons - because I liked the book and also - did not want this photo and info on this family just floating around.

I hope you all have had a good day! I am trying to get caught up on laundry and some other cleaning around here. I also need to get my chickens fresh water and gather eggs.
Oh yeah - we got a rain shower today! Wouldn't you know it--it hit when I was at the store picking up some groceries so I had to push my cart out to the car in the rain. It could have been a lot worse. I sure wish we could get some more cause it was gone from my house by the time I got here. I wanted to get to enjoy it from my house. Oh well. Maybe next time. :O)

3 comments:

  1. We also caught showers off and on today. Cools it down a bit. I don't mind at all. Looks like you have a good start on the salt and pepper collections.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We also caught showers off and on today. Cools it down a bit. I don't mind at all. Looks like you have a good start on the salt and pepper collections.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the bright colored rooster and hen.. (:

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories