Thursday, July 29, 2010

Our "new" Couch

After my husband's Grandparents passed away and after a garage sale - we were lucky enough to get to get what we wanted from what they had left. We are SO thankful for the furniture that we got. Well this couch - was being used by my son and his wife. Well when my mother got a new couch - she sweetly offered her Burgundy Leather couch to son and dil. They were very happy to get it. It fit in their living room so much better and was much more comfortable for them. We are so thankful that we were able to get this couch back! I have not always appreciated antiques. But now my husband and I both love them. I especially love the wood trim. And the details with the wood!

With antiques there are stories behind the different piece. And even though we don't always know the stories I am so thankful for each piece that we have. Here is a photo of our "new" couch!
We do not have our sun room done yet but we cleaned out one side of it so that we could put the couch out there. Our cats have totally enjoyed having the couch there. They love it. I think they think we got it for them! Black cat is Stewie and the Gray cat is Dewie.
Now we are on the look out for a nice - wing back chair (I think is what you call them) to go out there with our couch. I want a chair with wood trim as well. Not sure that we have the room for it but an ottoman that matched the chair would be great! Praying God will bring just the right one. :O)

2 comments:

  1. A lovely couch! What a blessing!

    Stewie and Dewie are adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is a beautiful couch--I'm so happy for you that you got it back! :) And the cats are smart--they know a good spot when they see one!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories