Wednesday, July 28, 2010

"Fortified Cities" in our Lives

A lot of people I know are going through some really tough times. Last week my sister called and was telling me a whole LOT of things that they were going through. God brought it to my mind to tell her that there are some times that we need to come against things in our lives that WE can do nothing about. And that is because if we could solve all of our problems - would we really need God? When life is going all great and wonderful sometimes we have the tendency to fall away from a relationship from Him.

Then yesterday, I was reading from one of the books I am reading, "The Refiner's Fire" and he asked why it was that God asked the children of Israel to march around Jericho without a word for so many days in a row without doing anything. Well Jericho was a very fortified city with high, and mighty walls. And as they walked around they could not help but think that there was NO way that they could defeat this city. Then they would have to realize that if the city was defeated that it would have to be by a miracle from God.

I think there are many times in our lives that we came up to a "fortified" problem and we know that there is NO way we can solve this one on our own. And that is when we realize that the only way it will be solved is with a miracle from God. I am so thankful that God loves us so much that he wants us to totally depend on Him. I just wish that I had not been so stubborn in my life that I needed Him to take me up against a "fortified" problem- in order to learn this lesson. May I learn to have such a dependence on Him that no matter what I am facing in life - I will learn to lean on Him for leading. And that I not try to hold so tightly to my problems worrying about them and trying so hard to solve them myself.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! I needed the reminder that I can't do it myself. Why am I trying to carry the burden?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marci~ God will carry it for you. Oh, I totally understand the feeling of needing to do it yourself though - find myself trying to take burdens back ALL the time.
    Lisa :O)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)