Friday, July 30, 2010

Following the Leader

This week I shared about my belief: that it is just as important to teach our girls not to hit boys as it is to teach boys not to teach girls. Well I shared this same believe as a status update on Facebook. Someone ended up taking some offense from it - thinking I was talking about her children. I don't know if I ever convinced her otherwise. But the truth is this is something that has bothered me for a long time(like I explained in my blog post and on Facebook.)

Anyway I was blessed by a friend who wrote to me privately to tell me a personal experience that she had - she had been a girl who hit the boys. And when she got married she would hit her husband, and he told her that it really bothered him. So she quit. She told me she appreciated me having the courage to share this believe and stand up for it.

In conversation that we had - she explained how she was wanting to be an example of who Jesus is to her children. This brought to my mind - the question that was so famous for a while: "What Would Jesus Do?" This is really an important question to ask ourselves. Many times in our lives we have choices to make and one of the best things we can do is to ask ourselves - "What would Jesus Do?"

Then today as I was listening to a sermon - I was intrigued by a pastor as he explained about the game "Follow the Leader" - The leader does something and all those following the leader are to do the same thing. Well in our day and age of so much technology - we have gotten away from playing games like "Follow the Leader." He went on to say that we as Christians have gotten to the point of thinking that when we read the Bible - as long as we study and memorize it - that we are doing all that we should do. But he pointed out that we should be following the Leader - not just studying and memorizing but we should be doing what the leader is telling us to do. Bible Application! What a great example of how we just do half of the job and not follow through.

I am so glad that I was reminded that I need to be asking the question: "What would Jesus Do?" And also do my best to follow my Leader and do as He has instructed. :O)

2 comments:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

“The Central Issue: Love or Selfishness?” | Sabbath School Panel by 3ABN...

Sorry I missed posting last week. Here is the 2nd lesson in this series. I am hoping it blesses you! :O)