Monday, July 19, 2010

To Win the Battles ~ You Must Surrender

This week-end I saw the words,"To Win the Battle You Must Surrender." As soon as I read it - A light bulb went off~ I had more of an understanding into something that I have been struggling with.


I have heard so many times the importance of turning our life and our wills over to God. I have also heard that the battle is not ours to fight. But I have never quite understood it till I read those words.


When we surrender our life and will to God ~ He is able to work through us and bring about the changes that are needed. I am so thankful for this because there are many things that I see in my life that I do not like and have wanted to change them. But trying to make the changes on my own does not always bring with the effort the success I'd like to see.


When we surrender our lives to God and take the time to listen for His guidance we can have success.


A good example of this is my schedule. I have felt for the last couple of weeks that some changes need to be made. Well God can not bring about the changes in me unless I follow His directions for my life. See God knows that I can be more successful in my walk with God and in some of the goals that I have if I get to bed earlier. So I am allowing Him to work in my life.


My Battles can not be won unless I surrender my life and my will to the care of God.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lisa,
    Being sick is tesching me to surrender. It is a tough lesson to learn.
    Have a simple week.
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision