Thursday, September 5, 2019

In The Sewing Room

Several months ago I shared about a good deal I had gotten - a bag of fabric which included these 8 fat quarters - for only $2.00?! And I also shared that I had at least one great nephew on the way - well it turns out I had 2 grand nephews on the way - they were born 2 days of each others! 

 Well I pulled out these fat quarters and got busy creating blocks. And figured out the best way to create 3 baby quilts with these fat quarters. I am quite pleased with the results. I have learned a lot about what to do in the future but for now these quilts will work for their purposes.

I went to Hobby Lobby - since my quilt shop is no longer in business. There are a couple more shops open in the general area but it would have been at least a 30 minute drive or so and I just decided to see what Hobby Lobby had. I found these great fabrics!!! The photos doesn't quite do them justice - really any of the color but it gives you and idea anyway.
I have the quilt tops put together - just have not had a chance to get good photos of them yet. 
I need to buy the backing fabric now and the batting. Then I can finish these quilts. 

I did get my binding all cut out and ready to go! 
I think that these fabrics will pull the whole quilt together. I can't wait till they are done. I will get photos of them then and post a photo of them when I can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

34: Real Bread and Your Blood Sugar