Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Use it or you may lose it

Today I just wanted to share something that I have noticed. Over the last several years I have been exercising and in June I actually walked 5 miles at one time! I had been doing pretty well with getting in 2 1/2 -3 mile walks on most days that I walked. Well over July I did my best to try to get a few walks in and I did fairly well considering my schedule.

As I began to get back into my normal schedule of walking during this month- I noticed several things - I was walking at a bit of a slower pace and my stamina is not what it was running. I have done my best to try to walk a decent amount but the last two days I just got myself to walk 1 3/4 of a mile - about 35 minutes of walking. Next time I walk I am going to try to get one of my youtube programs going - maybe that will help me keep at it longer. Maybe it will help me to get in at least 2 miles if not more.  At this point my goal is to get at least one 3 mile walk in before the end of Aug. I am hoping to be able to get a 4 mile walk in September and maybe by October get a 5 mile walk in. These are just basic goals I have over the next few months.

I have heard it said, "Use it or lose it" and it may be true in the realm of exercising and such. I can tell in just the short time period - even though I was still getting a few walks in here and there that I lost a bit. And now I am going to have to work at it to get back to where I was. 

By the time this is posted I should be out on my walk. I am hoping to get in at least 2 miles. I will report in later in the week and let you know. :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

27: The Facts About Fats - Part 2