Monday, August 27, 2018

The Very Last One (of this year)

This is the very last Block of the Month(BOM) of this year. And as you all know by now that my quilt shop that I was doing the BOM at is closing in just a few short days from now- the end of August.
About 10 years ago or so my husband's job had him working 4-10 hour days which meant he was off on Fridays. Once a month on Friday morning I would go to BOM. Since my husband enjoys quilting also he decided to sign up for BOM as well. He was able to do the first 2 -3 and then his schedule changed but I kept getting his block for him.
 
Now I need to explain the rules of BOM- The first month we pay for the block packet - it started off at about $5.00. Then each month if you brought your finished block to you during the BOM- you would receive the next packet for free. However, only the 1st block was free. So if my husband had have been able to continue going to BOM his packet would have been free, but since he stopped being able to go - I started to have to pay for his.
 
For several years I let him pick which block he wanted to do(they offered 2 choices) and I would do the one he didn't do. Then I figured up how much I was paying for his blocks
 
$5.00X 12 months= $60.00
 
and things were already a bit tight, so I decided we just could not keep doing it.
 
But now I am so happy that I able to get those blocks those three years because now even though BOM is over I have the rest of those 3 years to work on finishing up.
 
For the past ;year - after I have finished my current BOM for the month= I have been working on finishing up the Red, Black, and White blocks. I have that set of blocks finished now so I have begun working on the Red, White, and Blue set of blocks.
 
This is the block I finished this month so far.
After I finish this set, I have a set of Christmas themed blocks to work on, and a set of western themed blocks to work on.
 
So you can see I have a decent amount of BOM kits to keep me busy for quiet some time.
 
When I am done with all of that- I have a Americana Shop Hop quilt to work on - and also a Brights Shop Hop Quilt to work on.
 
Then I have a heart quilt that I found a year ago that I have been working on gathering the fabrics for.
 
Oh and all of these Blocks in each of the sets of 12 will need to be put together with other fabric and made into quilts - and then all of them will need to be quilted. I have plenty of quilting projects to work on. So don't worry about me and not having any quilting to do, because God worked it all out ahead of time that I would have plenty to keep me busy. Although I am sad that BOM is over and that the quilt shop is closing down, I still have plenty of projects to work on to keep me busy and out of trouble. It is need to see how God works things out - long before there is a problem!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

“Light Shines in the Darkness” | Sabbath School Panel by 3ABN - Lesson 3...

Installment #3 Be blessed :O)