Thursday, August 30, 2018

Rehoming of a pet

I have shared how I was chased by a rooster as a child. This has caused me to be afraid of roosters. Although Rudy was a pretty good rooster - we decided that it would be best to rehome him. The last weekend that our granddaughter was here - he kind of scared her and so she was ok to hear that we might have to get rid of him.
 
One of my husbands friends was alright with adding a rooster to his flock so Sunday my husband gathered Rudy into a cat carrier and took him away. It was much easier to get him into the carrier that I had expected. Thankfully. When my husband brought the carrier to me so I could say bye - I started crying. I raised him since he was a baby. And you fall in love with your pets- they become family. And even though I am afraid of roosters - it still really made me sad to see him go. I pray that he has a good home and is happy.
 
 
Now we have 22 chickens. So far our biggest amount of eggs per day has been 5 but I am thinking that today will be a 6 egg day. We shall see. I can't wait till this week end - our sweet granddaughter loves to gather eggs. That is her job when she is here!!!

3 comments:

  1. I completely understand—I was also chased by a rooster when small! In fact, if our neighbor had not looked out and seen what was happening and ran to rescue me, I might have lost an eye since the rooster was pecking at my face and I was very small and was just standing there and crying. We lived on 10 acres, and I was a long way from our house, so my mother had no idea what was going on! You did the best you could to find him a good home—that is all you can do. My parents also rehired our rooster after he attacked me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

“Light Shines in the Darkness” | Sabbath School Panel by 3ABN - Lesson 3...

Installment #3 Be blessed :O)