Wednesday, August 15, 2018

:Health Tidbits - with a special bonus

Today I am going to get back to sharing something health related on Wednesdays. Hopefully this will be an encouragement to you and me to take better care of ourselves.

Sometimes we can get discouraged when we know that genetically we are more likely to get some sort of disease. But what we need to remember is that Genetics is only 30% of what determines our futures. Genetics just points the gun at us. It is our behavior that is the deciding factor of if the trigger is pulled or not. So please start making better choices to take care of yourself today.

I am speaking to myself here as well. I needed to write this out. As I shared last week - and then deleted it because I felt it was too negative and didn't want to discourage anyone- I have been struggling with some personal issues that has really discouraged me. And in the discouragement I have made some poor choices. I tend to be an emotional eater and sweets is my go to when I am in that unhealthy state of mine.

We all deal with the flesh and its desire for what it wants - even when what it wants is not what is best for us. I am being reminded that in these instances we need to surrender our will to God and allow Him to guide us.

We are told in James:

Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
James 4:7
 
 
When we are tempted - if we will submit ourselves to God - He gives us the power to resist the devil and the devil will flee! I looked up a couple of words in my Strong's Concordance:
 

Resist:
~ to stand against
Oppose-resist, withstand
 
Flee:
~ to run away
to vanish, escape, flee(away)
 
We can't resist in our own power -the flesh is weak
 
Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation.
The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak."
Matthew 26:41
 
But God is faithful:
 
 No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.
1 Corinthians 10:13
 

3 But the Lord is faithful, who will establish you and guard you from the evil one.
2 Thessalonians 3:3
 
 
I understand it is hard to resist temptation - I have been failing miserable lately. But there is always hope. We can put our faith in our Lord Jesus Christ and He will help us. We just need to call on Him.
 
Usually our Health Tidbit doesn't have so much scriptures in it - but this is something that I have been processing lately and when I decided what health tidbit to post today I felt it was the perfect opportunity for me to share the rest with you. Hopefully to those of you who may be struggling right along side me - will be encouraged by these verses and thoughts that the Holy Spirit impressed upon my heart. It can be hard but never give up - no matter how many times we fall we have a loving heavenly Father who is there to pick us up again.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate this reminder! I have gotten discouraged in the past over my genetics, but you are absolutely right—it is me that decides if the trigger is going to be pulled or not!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)