Monday, August 27, 2018

How Did It Go, You ask?

So sorry it took me so long to get on here and update about the potluck. I have to say that I was pretty nervous about it. It's a bit of a challenge for me to go to thing that most the time couples go to - well that is if you are married - then usually your husband goes with you to potluck. Well my husband does not like potluck and has not been going to church with me in quite some time. It has probably been about 10 months or more since he has gone to church with me. Anyway so I was pretty nervous about this potluck. It is a new group of people - I only have spoken to 3-4 of the ladies in the class. I am pretty proud of myself for that because for an introvert it is a challenge to meet new people. God has opened the way for me to meet new people and I am thankful for that. Anyway I went to the potluck and I felt a little uncomfortable - especially in trying to find a place to sit. There were purses and belongings are several seats at a table that a couple were sitting at. And I did not know if more places were being saved so I walked to another table - that no one was sitting at. To be honest - I was dreading sitting down there all by myself. That is an awkward time indeed. As I sat my things on the table a sweet lady from another table invited me to sit by them. And I gladly accepted. At least a couple of the ladies that I have already begun to talk to sat at my table as well. My time at potluck ended up being very pleasant. I am thankful for that because I heard the teacher say something about us having a potluck once a month. It will depend on what weekends they have the potluck if I will be able to go or not. If it is a week end that our son has his daughter then certainly I will be eating at home with the family.

God took care of everything and even though there were a couple of times during this day that I felt a little uncomfortable - overall I had a very good experience.

I continue to believe that God has led me to this church and I am so thankful.

1 comment:

  1. I am proud of you for going, and so glad that it went well! This is a good reminder for all of us to keep an eye out for those who may be coming to church by themselves!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

“Light Shines in the Darkness” | Sabbath School Panel by 3ABN - Lesson 3...

Installment #3 Be blessed :O)