Tuesday, October 17, 2017

May We Be Like the Raccoons..

This past week end my husband and I went camping. When the sun starts to go down my husband likes to make his way to the fishing dock. It is a lit dock and is conducive to fishing into the night. With the temperatures up in the 90's during the day - fishing at night is much cooler. But truth be told - He just enjoys fishing in the evenings and nights better than any other time.

With a neat little trail through the woods behind our campsite you can easily get to the fishing dock.
 
So in the evenings, I spend some time at the dock with my husband as he fishes(sometimes I fish too) then I will head back to the RV. I usually take the long way back just to get more steps in for the day. I take a pathway up to the parking area and road that will take me around to our campsite.
 I take a nice flashlight with me just in case- I hear rustling in the woods. Both nights as I was walking up this pathway - I heard noises coming from the trashcan at the fish shack( a place where people can process the fish they catch). I had startled a raccoon searching for fish. The last night I actually saw him coming out of the trashcan with a part of a fish in his mouth.

As I continued on my way, I thought about how the raccoons in that area would know where to go to find goodies- so the chances of someone finding a raccoon in that area would be pretty good.

Why aren't we  more like the raccoon? Many of us know that we find many goodies in the Word of God and yet we don't spend much time digging in the Scriptures for the goodies. I think I'll learn from the clever raccoons and I will keep going back to the place that I know I will be fed- the Word of God! Won't you join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)