Thursday, October 19, 2017

Guide Posts

One of my favorite things to do while camping is to go hiking! And that is exactly what I did last week!
As I walked, I noticed there were blue marks on trees along the path. Sometimes they were bam, bam, bam- close together.
 
 Other times there was quite a bit of distance between guide posts.
 

Sometimes they were very noticeable...
 
And sometimes they weren't so noticeable.

The same thing seems to happen on our journey through life. Sometimes it seems like we see God's guide post's directing us on the right path, and other times it seems like such a great distance between obvious leading of God in our lives.

Sometimes His leading is clear - no way to miss it. While other times, it seems that we really have to pay attention to see His leading. Sometimes you have to just keep moving forward till you come up to the next guide post.

And then sometimes you come across a blocked trail where it takes a bit more effort to continue on your way. These are the hiccups along the way.

If we will allow Him to - He will continue to guide us.

The Lord will guide you continually, And satisfy your soul in drought, And strengthen your bones; You shall be like a watered garden, And like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail.
Isaiah 58:11

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding;
6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6
 
I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go,
I will guide you with My eye.
Psalm 32:8
 
God, like the hiking trial, will guide us in the way we should go. We only need to keep our eyes on Him and allow Him to guide us and lead us along life's journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories