Monday, October 23, 2017

Great to Have Favorites, Just Don't Stop There


Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding;
6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6


As you have probably already figured out Proverbs 3:5-6 is on my list of favorite Bible passages. This scripture, along with many more have guided and encouraged me along life's journey. It's great to have favorites, just don't stop there.

This week I have been amazed at some powerful verses I have found joust beyond my favorite verses. And today I wanted to share one of these instances with you.


Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the Lord and depart from evil.
8 It will be health to your flesh, And strength to your bones.
verses 7-8
 
These verses actually go right along with verses 5-6 which are a command telling us to trust God and allow Him to guide us. Verse 7 tells us "Do not be wise in your own eyes" or in your own opinion. Next it says to fear the LORD and depart from evil.
 
Fear the Lord=
 
"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge,
But fools despise wisdom and instruction."
Proverbs 1:7
 
There are great benefits when we trust in God and allow Him to direct our paths.

"lean not on your own understanding"
 
Sometimes when going through tough times we jus don't understand why God allows these things in our lives. But we need to remember that God knows the end from the beginning and He knows what's best. He had a broader perception than we do. And if we will trust Him, He will work it all out. This is a promise found in Romans
 
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose."
Romans 8:28
 
"As our sighs and groaning's intensify, so does our hope."
 
His Purpose= "To Save the world"
 
**notes in my Andrews study Bible for this verse**
 
"...God, 9 who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began,
10 but has now been revealed by the appearing of our Savior Jesus Christ, who has abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel,"
II Timothy 1:8b-10

I know from personal experience that worry and stress are detrimental to our health. And I'm so glad that we can trust God. I just have to continue to work on trusting Him more and releasing my worries to Him. 
 
I think I might spend some more time this week looking up some of my favorite Bible verses and reading the verses around them and see what new gems I can come up with!
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)