Sunday, October 8, 2017

"Does God Speak to you?"

"Does God speak to you?" was the last thing he said to me, but I am getting ahead of myself so let's rewind a bit.

Last Sunday, I took my granddaughter to the park. There was a dad there with his daughter. Sweet Pea went up to the little girl and said, "Would you like to play with me?" The dad made his way to where I was standing and introduced himself. The conversation went to how much unrest there is in in the world and how I don't like watching the news very much because it steals my peace- then we began to talk about how it seems like we may be getting to the last days of this old world with all the hurricanes, earthquakes, and hate in the world.

The man seemed a little different - like maybe he had a learning handicap, something just seemed off to me It just seemed weird. It was pretty hot outside and so after about an hour Sweet Pea and I were ready to go home. That's when he called to me and asked if God spoke to me.

The week that followed was a rough week for me. I have shared a bit about it here on my blog - our septic issues and so much more. And on top of all the other extra stuff, I was so frustrated with the fact that even thought I continue to work at losing weight it has been a very slow go the last few months.

I had bought a book to do a Bible Study with Courtney from the Women Living Well Ministries - the book is called "Rest and Release" click HERE to read about it. This study started the first of October, I was a couple of days late at getting started. And as I was working on the first few days of the study it became crystal clear that I had gotten away from my dependence on Him through this lifestyle change and goal of losing 50 pounds. As I was being reminded of God's guiding me in the past to make better decisions- all of a sudden I remembered the question" "Does God speak to you?" and it dawned on me that God has been trying to get my attention. It only took 4 days. Just think of all the struggling and frustration I could have avoided had I figured out that God was trying to speak to me sooner? If I had gotten the messages days before, that I needed to allow Him to guide me and depend on Him to lead the way?

We can bypass a lot of pain and suffering if we will just listen to Him. What is He trying to tell you? Are you quiet enough to hear what He has to say?

3 comments:

  1. Hey Lisa, How was your weekend? Hey Lisa we ought to sit a weekend and go to Canton Flea Market before it gets too cold :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will email you my cell Number :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a good reminder for all of us! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision