Thursday, October 26, 2017

Making it Past A Stumbling Block and A Second Goal

Last week I made a discovery. Just like I was able to get past these bumps in the path, I have made it past a stumbling block in the road of my life. Stick around and I will tell you about it.
So over the years I have kept track of my measurements here and there. Mostly at times when I have been trying to lose weight and wanting to have another way to gauge my improvements than just the scales. Last week I wanted to take my measurements and record them in my booklet.

As I was looking in the booklet, I noticed that I had a couple of little journal entries. It seems that I went to the health seminar that I have written about here many times in Sept of 2010. According to my booklet - I lost a total of 42 pounds. The sad thing is that by December of 2011 I had gained 15 pounds back. The stresses of live had gotten in the way and I had fallen off the wagon and in doing so I had gained weight.

Fifteen months from when I began my healthier lifestyle, I had already fallen off the wagon and I had gained15 pounds. As of now I am almost 16 months since I adopted my healthier lifestyle for good and although the weight lose is at a crawl right now, I am thankful to be able to say that I continue on doing my best to make good choices as often as I can. I still stumble every now and then, but I am not letting a bad choice or a bad day deter me from taking care of myself. I will continue to track my weight- meaning each week - I weigh in and I record my weight in a book. This way I am holding myself accountable and staying on track to lose the 50 pounds that I set out to do 16 months ago. Thankfully I gave myself plenty of time because at the rate I am going, I might need all that time. I am in the midst of a big change in my life, losing 50 pounds, and it is taking much longer than anticipated. And although I resist change, I continue on with making small changes here and there, believing that one day I will reach my goal of losing 50 pounds and then over time I can reach my second goal- keeping the weight off!


We can not expect weight to fall off on its own,
But as we all know, sadly, weight will come on ~
all on its own 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. You are already doing a great job at living healthier, and I am proud of your hard work!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

“Light Shines in the Darkness” | Sabbath School Panel by 3ABN - Lesson 3...

Installment #3 Be blessed :O)