Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Wrong Focus Leads to Wrong Thoughts

Lately I have made it more about how I looked and about my weight.

I had fallen into the trap of being jealous of others and the large amount of weight they were losing and I was even more jealous of all of the compliments they were getting. I was working hard and I, too, wanted acknowledgement of all the effort I was making and I let the fact that I wasn't, get me down. Until God used a lady at church to get my attention. She reminded me of the dangers of allowing compliments and such to go to our head and how they can make us more and more prideful when we are getting the glory, instead of God.

My new lifestyle isn't just about my weight - it's about taking better care of myself. It's about taking care of the temple of God of which I am. Yes- I have a goal and no, I haven't reached it yet, but focusing on what I am or not getting from others will not help me reach my goal. The truth is, feeling sorry for myself does not help me, in can only leads to negative results.

So I have readjusted my focus to Jesus. He is the one who can and will guide me along life's pathway. He will help me make wise choices. And He will help me reach my goal, in His timing.

This is a stumbling block that can stop progress in the right direction. And I have already made it past another stumbling block and that alone is a miracle from God.

A healthy lifestyle is about taking care of the body God gave you. Doing your best to make wise choices each day.

Come back on Thursday for "Making it Past A Stumbling Block"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

“Light Shines in the Darkness” | Sabbath School Panel by 3ABN - Lesson 3...

Installment #3 Be blessed :O)