Saturday, October 14, 2017

God says, "I will restore to you the years."

"Oh heart, be brave; O spirit, worn and beaten,
Reach up and claim God's word that will prove true,
And the years that the locusts and the palmer worm have eaten:
These wasted years, shall be restored to you.
...
"Forget, forget the grief, the pain and sorrow,
The baffling frustration of the days,
For surely on some radiant tomorrow,
You will be walking up the sunlit way.

And these, the seeming endless, bitter hours,
Will be as shadows blown across the grass,
Or as the brief, light-running April showers
That are forgotten when their footsteps pass.

"Oh, lift your head, and shake away the tears,
God says, 'I will restore to you the years. ' "
~Grace Noll Crowell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)