Friday, February 10, 2017

Biblical Portrait....series




Examining our walk in the light of Scripture
The verses on the following pages express God's heart for women. Together they provide a biblical portrait of a godly woman.
 
The questions that follow each verse are designed to help evaluate how well you are applying the Word in your daily walk. the point is not to answer a simple "yes" or "no" to each question, but rather to use the questions as a basis for person meditation, application, and response to the Lord.
 
Some of these verses are directed specifically to married women. Other apply more broadly to all women. Regardless of your marital status, ask God to open your heart and to help you see areas where He wants to mold you and make you a woman after His own heart.
 
To get the most our of this exercise, you may want to focus on one verse each day, asking God to show you how your life measures up to that particular aspect o His design. As you work through this section, highlight three or four verses that reveal specific areas of need in your life, so you can memorize them and engraft them into your heart and life.
Why was I created as a woman?
 
2. "For man did not come from woman, but woman from man; neither was man created for woman, but woman for man" (1 Corinthians 11:8-9)
 

 
Do I recognize and accept that God created the woman to complete, complement, and help the man?
 
Is my life helping and blessing the men around me in ways that promote holiness and godliness?
 
3. "The Woman is the Glory of man" (1 Corinthians 11:7)
 
In the way I talk to and about men, do I show their God-crated worth and value?
 
Am I a responder(rather than an initiator ) in my relationships with men?

Do I make it easy for men to fulfill their God-given calling to lead in the home, the church, and the society?

Do I respond to men in ways that communicate appropriate respect and affirmation of their manhood?

Do I seek to protect and preserve God-centered distinctions between men and women in the way that I conduct myself, in my dress, and in my carious roles as a woman?

 4.  "And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living" (Genesis 3:20, KJV)

Do I recognize and accept my God-created calling to be a bear and nurturer of life?

Do I consider it a high and holy calling to be a "mother," whether of physical or spiritual children? Am I actively involved in bearing and nurturing life?

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><
Come back next week - when the question: "What makes a beautiful woman?" will be answered? See you then :O)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)