Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Keeping a Record of Sorts

My best friend gave me a beautiful copy of "Streams in the Desert" devotional for my birthday in 2012. I began reading it through that year. And I have been reading it ever since.

They have some up dated versions of this book - which are probably pretty good - but I like that my copy of this book is the original. It just seems like it makes it a richer read.
 
One thing that I love about this devotional is the wonderful lines on the outer edges of each page. This give you the opportunity to write in notes if you would like.
 
The first year or two I only wrote a little note here or there in this book. But the year that I was going through chemo - back in 2014, when I began to write my notes I realized how important it would be to add the date when what I was writing was written. 

When I get to a page and I read the devotional - it is neat to see what I have written for it in years past. And it is also neat to see how another part of the devotional stands out to me than the time before, depending on what is going on in my life.
 
When God impresses me with an idea or maybe how I can see my life in the devotional or maybe how God has lead in an area - I like to write it down.
 
"Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good;
Blessed is the man who trusts in Him!
Psalm 34:8
 
"Come and hear, all you who fear God,
And I will declare what He has done for my soul."
Psalm 66:16 
 
 
 
I think that journaling what lessons you learn from the Lord and from your time in the Bible. It helps you remember those special times. I can't tell you how many times I felt like God helped me understand a new concept or I learned an important lesson and did not write it down and ended up forgetting it. Now I try to record these things for future reference.
 
Looking back over past thoughts and memories - I am reminded of God's leading in the past, and it reassures me of his unfailing love and care for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)