Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Working Towards a More Manageable Life....step 6

Step  6
"Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character."
 

 
"Likewise reckon you also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
12Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts."
Romans 6:11,12
 
vs. 12 " Its lust ~ The bodily desires. We experience Adam's sin through the impure desires that arise in us."
 
17This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that you no longer walk as other Gentiles walk,
in the vanity of their mind, 18Having the understanding darkened,
 being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them,
because of the blindness of their heart: 19Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto licentiousness,  to work all uncleanness with greediness. 20But you have not so learned Christ;
21 If so be that you have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:
22That you put off concerning the former way of life the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; 23And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; 24And that you put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
Ephesians 4:17-23
 
vs. 23-24 put off...put on~ Using the imagery of a change of clothing, Paul exhorts believers to put off (vs.22) the old pattern of life and put on (v. 24) the new, Christ-inspired one."
(If you would like to study more into this concept check out these verses: Romans 6:1-14; 13:12; Col. 3:9-14)
 
13Therefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ; 14As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance: 15But as he who has called you is holy, so be holy in all manner of conduct; 16Because it is written, You will be holy;
 for I am holy.
1 Peter 1:13-16
 
18There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear: because fear has to do with punishment.  He that fears is not made perfect in love.
1 John 4:18
 
19As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
20Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hears my voice, and opens the door, I will come in to him, and will eat with him, and he with me.
Revelation 3:19-20
 
28My soul melts for heaviness: strengthen me according unto your word.
29Remove from me the way of lying: and grant me your law graciously.
30I have chosen the way of truth: your judgments have I laid before me.
31I have clung unto your testimonies: O LORD, put me not to shame.
32I will run the way of your commandments, when you shall enlarge my heart.
33Teach me, O LORD, the way of your statutes; and I shall keep it unto the end.
34Give me understanding, and I shall keep your law; yea, I shall observe it with my whole heart.
35Make me to go in the path of your commandments; for therein do I delight.
36Incline my heart unto your testimonies, and not to covetousness.
37Turn away my eyes from beholding vanity; and revive me in your way.
38Establish your word unto your servant, who is devoted to your fear.
39Turn away my reproach which I fear: for your judgments are good.
40Behold, I have longed after your precepts: revive me in your righteousness.
Psalm 119:28-40
 
Actually all of Psalm 119 is great. Click HERE to check it all out!
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories