Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Kicking It Up A Notch

 I have been on a plateau for about 6 plus weeks. I have gotten discouraged at times. It seems like my whole life - losing weight has been such a struggle. That is one reason why I want to hold myself accountable and not allow myself to gain the weight back again. That is what has happened to me in the past and it is discouraging to fail like that. I would much rather stay paying attention to my weight- not in an obsessive kind of way but in monitoring it and keeping it steady. Obviously(the past 6 plus weeks) I can do that quite well now. So now I am beyond ready to start losing weight again.

I have kicked it up a notch on exercising. I am walking and also working out with my Rise Up program at least several times a week. And I am trying to do at least 2-3 workouts using hand weights- sometimes I am lucky and can catch the Rise Up program when she uses weights- many times it is on Tuesday and Thursdays. I got to do a good workout with weights today. I also walked!

I had gotten back into the habit of weighing myself every single day. And as you can imagine it has gotten discouraging to do so- when it is the same basic weight each and every day- it kind of fluctuates a couple of pounds. But this morning when I when I was working out with Jennifer Webster - she was sharing how many times when a person starts a workout plan - they don't lose- but gain a little weight. She also explained how that is alright- because your body is not getting fatter but you are getting more muscles and muscles weight more than fat does. So I have decided to go back to only weighing a couple of times a week, instead of every day. I know that what I am doing is heading me in the right direction and I need to just give my body time to make the changes and for the benefits to show up.
 
As I write this at about 4:30pm- I have already walked over 10,000 steps...and there are still hours of the day to go. I have been working on trying to mark things off of my to do list that have been on it too long. And it feels good to get those things done finally.
 
 
 

I am doing what I know I need to do to get healthier and I am putting my trust in God.
He is able to do abundantly MORE that we can imagine!! I am trusting Him!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision