Friday, February 3, 2017

Biblical Portrait...series

 I will be adding this first few paragraphs with each posting - just in case someone comes in the middle of series. Each question has several verse - each with its own list of questions. I will be dividing this up into one verse and the questions that go along with that verse. So please check back each week for the next verse and question. I hope that this series will help you in your walk to be the woman that God has created you to be!

Examining our walk in the light of Scripture

The verses on the following pages express God's heart for women. Together they provide a biblical portrait of a godly woman.
 
The questions that follow each verse are designed to help evaluate how well you are applying the Word in your daily walk. the point is not to answer a simple "yes" or "no" to each question, but rather to use the questions as a basis for person meditation, application, and response to the Lord.
 
Some of these verses are directed specifically to married women. Other apply more broadly to all women. Regardless of your marital status, ask God to open your heart and to help you see areas where He wants to mold you and make you a woman after His own heart.
 
To get the most our of this exercise, you may want to focus on one verse each day, asking God to show you how your life measures up to that particular aspect o His design. As you work through this section, highlight three or four verses that reveal specific areas of need in your life, so you can memorize them and engraft them into your heart and life.
 

Why was I created as a woman?

 
 
"The LORD God said, 'it is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him'"
(Genesis 2:18)
(This is only the first of 4 verses to answer this question- next week we will do verse number two)
 
  • Have I embraced my God-created design to be a helper to the man?
  • Am I willing to sacrifice my own ambitions and aspirations in order to fulfill my primary role and calling as a helper to my husband?
  • Am I providing companionship for my husband?
  • Am I completing and complementing my husband, rather than competing with him?
  • How could I better help my husband fulfill God's purpose for his life?
  • What kinds of words, actions, and attitudes on my part will help Christian men around me become all God wants the to be?
  • Am I promoting healthy, godly marriages in the ways I relate and respond to other women's husbands?
  • Am I maintain the kinds of boundaries in my relationship with men that promote biblical standards of purity?  
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision