Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Working Towards a More Manageable Life ....Step One

So I decided that I wanted to do a series of the Bible verses that go along with the 12 steps.
Now some of you may be thinking - that is just for alcoholics- but the truth is these steps are very helpful to anyone on planet earth. Where sin is, there is a multitude of issues that people deal with on a day to day basis and these steps help us better deal with life. So I hope that you will be blessed by this. :O)
 
Step 1
 
We admitted we were powerless and that our lives had become unmanageable.
 
 
                       "But when He saw the multitudes, He was moved with compassion for them, because they were weary and scattered, like sheep having no shepherd."
Matthew 9:36
 
"For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. 19. For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice. 20. Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me."         
Romans 7:18-20
                                       

 
"Have mercy on me, O LORD, for I am weak;
O LORD, heal me, for my bones are troubles.
3. My soul also is greatly troubles; But You, O LORD
How Long? 4. Return, O LORD, deliver me! Oh, save me for your mercies sake!
Psalm 6:2-4
 
"Have mercy on me, O LORD, for I am in trouble; My eye wastes away with grief, Yes, my soul and my body! 10. For my life is spent with grief, and my years with sighing; My strength fails because of my iniquity, And my bones waste away.
Psalm 31:9-10
 
O LORD, do not rebuke me in Your wrath, Nor chasten me in Your hot displeasure!
2. For Your arrows pierce me deeply, and Your hand presses me down.
3. There is no soundness in my flesh because of Your anger, Nor any health in my bones because of my sins.
4. For my iniquities have gone over my head; Like a heavy burden they are too heavy for me.
5. My wounds are found and festering because of my foolishness.
6. I am troubles, I am bowed down greatly; I go mourning all the day long.
7. For my loins are full of inflammation, And there is no soundness in my flesh.
8. I am feeble and severely broken.; I groan because of the turmoil of my heart.
9. Lord, all my desire is before You; And my sighing is not hidden from You.
Psalm 38:1-9
 
My dishonor is continually before me,
And the shame of my face has covered me.
2. Because of the voice of him who reproaches and reviles.
Because of the enemy and the avenger.
Psalm 44:15,16
 
For He will deliver the needy when he cries, The poor also, and him who has no healer. He will spare the poor and needy, and will save the souls of the needy.
Psalm 72: 12,13


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision