Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Working Towards a More Manageable Life....Step 2

Step 2
 
"Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity."
 
Or how I like to say it:
 
Came to believe that God could restore us to sanity.
 

 
18“BEHOLD, MY SERVANT WHOM I HAVE CHOSEN;
         MY BELOVED IN WHOM MY SOUL is WELL-PLEASED;
         I WILL PUT MY SPIRIT UPON HIM,
         AND HE SHALL PROCLAIM JUSTICE TO THE GENTILES.
19“HE WILL NOT QUARREL, NOR CRY OUT;
         NOR WILL ANYONE HEAR HIS VOICE IN THE STREETS.
20“A BATTERED REED HE WILL NOT BREAK OFF,
         AND A SMOLDERING WICK HE WILL NOT PUT OUT,
         UNTIL HE LEADS JUSTICE TO VICTORY.
21“AND IN HIS NAME THE GENTILES WILL HOPE.”
Matthew 12:18-21
 
 
23And Jesus said to him, “ ‘If You can?’ All things are possible to him who believes.” 24Immediately the boy’s father cried out and said, “I do believe; help my unbelief.”
Mark 9:23-24
 
10And he was teaching in one of the synagogues on the Sabbath.
11And, behold, there was a woman who had a spirit of infirmity eighteen years, and was bowed together, and could in no way lift herself up.
12And when Jesus saw her, he called her to him, and said unto her, Woman, you are loosed from your infirmity.
13And he laid his hands on her: and immediately she was made straight, and glorified God.
Luke 13:10-13
 
 
Just wanted to share a small little note about the word "loosed" from verse 12- "That is, "set free" in the sense of being freed to remain free." Isn't that a beautiful promise!?
 
When God lays His hands on you - you are healed- you are set free!
 
"It is the spirit that gives life; the flesh profits nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life."
John 6:63
 
"Jesus' concerns are clearly about spiritual things. Success in this world is relatively unimportant in contrast to eternity.
"The words...life~ Jesus' word is what really matters, not miracles."
 
I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believes on me should not abide in darkness.
John 12:46
"Light~ a metaphor for revelation"
 

I love You, O LORD, my strength.”
2The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer,
         My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge;
         My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
3I call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised,
         And I am saved from my enemies.

Psalm 18:1-3
 
 
1I cry aloud to the Lord;
I lift up my voice to the Lord for mercy.
2I pour out before him my complaint;
before him I tell my trouble.
3When my spirit grows faint within me,
it is you who watch over my way.
In the path where I walk
people have hidden a snare for me.
4Look and see, there is no one at my right hand;
no one is concerned for me.
I have no refuge;
no one cares for my life.
5I cry to you, Lord;
I say, “You are my refuge,
my portion in the land of the living.”
6Listen to my cry,
for I am in desperate need;
rescue me from those who pursue me,
for they are too strong for me.
7Set me free from my prison,
that I may praise your name.
Then the righteous will gather about me
because of your goodness to me.
Psalm 142
 
"verse three~ Even in the situation of despair and depression David knows that he is in God's hands. This consciousness gave him new courage to trust in the LORD, the only refuge in his life."
 
*Italic information is either from my Andrew Study Bible notes or SDA Commentary.
 
 
 No automatic alt text available.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)